We have moved!

We have moved!

Friday, December 20, 2013

Bagus Changi City Point: Seafood Ramen and Chicken Char Siew Noodles

So here we were at Changi City Point and we wanted to have some dinner before going to a fair at the nearby Singapore Expo. Gasp! Forgot to bring camera! How to review food!

Well, our readers responded that they wouldn't mind if the pics were snapped from a camera phone hence this post was born! Just please pardon the pics though...

Seafood Ramen ($5.00)
My darling wife actually really loves Korean food. She's the one who brought me to my first ever Chicken Bulgogi and Saba Fish Set when were still dating so it's no surprise that she's probably going to head to the Korean stall once in awhile.

Surprisingly, she passed on the Bulgogi and instead went for another Korean/Japanese fave - Ramen!

The Ramen here is basically instant noodles served in a Kimchi broth. Not really what I expected to be honest. I thought they'd at least use some Ramen you know what I mean. And of course, as you can see, it comes packed with all kinds of seafood goodies like prawns and squid and a whole load of veggies too.

The broth itself was not too bad I guess. Nice and hearty especially on a cold day and you can taste the kimchi flavour although it's not that spicy. My darling wife thought it was actually pretty tasteless. But we both agreed on one thing - the noodles really let us down.

Side serving of anchovies and kimchi was a bit of a letdown too.
Stingy!!

But there was still a saving grace...


ZOMG NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A YOLK OF YOLKS!
And trust me... it was divinely runny...

Oh well. I guess overall it was still pretty disappointing.

Chicken Char Siew Noodles ($4.80)
 As always, I'm a sucker for Chicken Char Siew so I had some noodles.

It was pretty standard but didn't really look anything like the picture. The Chicken Char Siew was tender but was pretty much just roasted chicken. Didn't really have much of the sweet glaze it's supposed to have...
But at least the dish wasn't tasteless I guess.

Oh and by the way, the dumplings come are not included in the price of the dish.
I felt like some dumplings so I added some for $0.80 a piece.


I guess it was actually pretty worth it. Nice and packed with chicken meat and mushrooms.
Added some bite to the dish and also a good add-on for those who might be a little bit extra hungry.

I gave the soup a miss though (thank goodness). It had kind of a funny taste to it.
Or was it just me?

Adam's Verdict:
Seafood Ramen 2/5 -- Chicken Char Siew Noodles 3/5

Maryah's Verdict:
Seafood Ramen 2/5

Still plenty of stalls to try at this place. Heard some of the readers say it's the bomb but some say it's really not worth it to eat there. Well, I guess we'll see!

And one of our readers mentioned Nasi Kelate. Couldn't find the stall though.
Any ideas?

Bagus Foodcourt (Changi City Point)

Changi City Point
5 Changi Business Park Central 1

Operating Hours:
11.00am til 9.30pm Daily

3 comments:

  1. you should try the grilled black pepper chicken at Bagus Changi City Point

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zachareah! Thanks for the tip!
    So many choices at this place! Hopefully we get the chance to try the Black Pepper Chicken too!

    Thanks again for your tip and your support!

    Adam Shah
    The Halal Food Blog

    ReplyDelete